Additionally, Lucy Meadows’ local MP Graham Jones raised her death and media harassment in Parliament today.
He said that press regulations had failed Lucy Meadows, who complained of harassment (specifically the fact that journalists were stalking her outside her home) several times before her death. He also mentioned the petition calling for sanctions against the Daily Mail, which reached over 110,000 signatures in two days. The Speaker John Bercow said he didn’t know the details of the case, but that the kind of harassment Lucy Meadows was objected to is unacceptable in a civilized society. It sounded like Graham Jones doesn’t intend to let the case drop without at least some members of the media facing repercussions.
- veganshithead reblogged this from ridiculousdmheadlines
- mudsparrow likes this
- wackyshenanigans reblogged this from ridiculousdmheadlines
- urrectum likes this
- brad-t likes this
- drainedblood likes this
- futurecorridor likes this
- microsoftworlds likes this
- paradoxicorn likes this
- buckzumhoff reblogged this from ridiculousdmheadlines
- byorke likes this
- ridiculousdmheadlines posted this